QuitWorks-RI can fit into routine patient care - whether the setting is an office practice, a hospital, a health center, a public health program or a worksite.
QuitWorks-RI provides everything you need to put the program in place:
- The state's proven-effective stop-smoking services - telephone counseling, a website becomeanex.org (Additional information for tobacco users and providers can be found at http://www.health.ri.gov/healthrisks/tobacco/index.php), self-help information, and referral to community tobacco treatment services.
- A QuitWorks-RI patient brochure is available for all patients who smoke.
- Patient status reports to referring providers - the provider will receive faxed information on the services each patient selects and, six months later, a report on each patient's quit status.
- For hospitals and health centers, training for your nurses, physicians, and other clinicians - delivered on site by Healthcentric Advisors- to introduce your staff to QuitWorks-RI, brief patient motivational interviewing, and the latest pharmacotherapy dosing guidelines*.
- For hospitals and health centers, reports on patient outcomes - aggregate reports customized to satisfy JCAHO core measures and other reporting and research needs*.
- QuitWorks-RI posters and buttons to promote the program to your patients. Visit our QuitWorks Tools section for more information.
* At a minimal charge to cover costs.